Friday, May 25, 2012

27 Birthdays

I was not terribly excited for my birthday this year, since I hadn't accomplished ANY of the goals I set for myself this year. I wanted to verify that, just in case I did meet one, but I lost the document in which they were recorded, apparently. But then, I realized I had made new friends in this past year, which is very difficult for me. New friends are certainly worth celebrating!

Benjamin was in town for a track meet the Friday/Saturday before my birthday. Alexandra and I watched him throw shotput, and then we went to Provo Beach Resort to do the ropes course. It was my second time, and Matthieu's and Benjamin's first times. 




Then, Benjamin watched Beauty and the Beast with Alexandra while Matthieu and I had a romantic dinner at La Jolla. I asked the server if there were any desserts which could be set on fire. There weren't, but he brought my chocolate cake out with five candles (four more than usual)! 



On Saturday, my parents came to see Benjamin compete, and so we joined them at the meet, and then they watched Alexandra while Matthieu and I went to see The Avengers, new in theaters. Afterward, we all had a quick dinner at my favorite bakery, Kneader's. 

On Sunday, sweet S baked me a Finnish berry-whipped cream cake (from scratch!) and brought it over as a surprise, with N and H. They sang and I blew out a match. I loved it, and wish I had photographic evidence. They told me that night they're expecting #2, and I am so excited for them.

(My birthday was dampened only by a horrible outbreak of hives. Why!? I still don't know, though I believe I am allergic to something in this apartment.)


And now, to copy my study-abroad-"friend"-whose-blog-I-read-for-no-real-reason, 

27 Things to Do While 27:
1. Yell less.
2. Feel more comfortable in the temple.
3. Drink a glass of water every day. The more, the better, obviously.
4. Get a domain for my blog.
5. Monetize my blog.
6. Get a job, or more work, and hack away at debt.
7. Learn Swedish. Three phrases will count.
8. Give Alexandra mini-lessons, like 15-minute home school, a few times each week.
9. Send birthday, Christmas, Easter, and one unexpected package to my nieces.
10. Send relatives in Finland pictures or a postcard at least 9 times.
11. Purge a little more before moving.
12. Move to Minnesota. Buy a "happy lamp" for the winter.
13. Consider getting a dog, but decide against it. Consider it again at Alexandra's birthday.
14. Continue this blog.
15. Read some books. 5? At least 5.
16. Play tennis.
17. Go swimming every week of the summer.
18. Go for family bike rides.
19. Get ride of some of that belly fat.
20. Try making another baby.
21. Try to not freak out and over-research everything about pregnancy, childbirth, siblings, name meanings, maternity clothes, baby gear, nurseries, etc., (starting now.
22. Take more videos of Alexandra.
23. Organize and edit videos of Alexandra.
24. Make a 2-year movie of video clips.
25. Keep the house cleaner, or clean more often, so that one time when someone drops by it will not be embarrassing. Paying a housekeeper counts, though that may not be in the budget.
26. Back up blogs and pictures periodically.
27. Book trips to Finland, Europe, and Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment