Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pregnancy Summary: First Belly Shots and Symptoms

10 Weeks
17 Weeks, 3 Days


I'm grateful to have had a low-symptom, complication-free pregnancy so far. The nausea was not so bad and lasted only through the first trimester, and other discomforts along the way have been minor (nausea, sore breasts, tired back, cramping, occasional insomnia, slightly elevated anxiety, blah blah blah.) The hormonal fluctuations are hard. The biggest challenge is FATIGUE. It has persisted through the whole pregnancy (6 weeks to 36 weeks with no end in sight--though it seemed to lift for a few weeks in the second trimester). Some days, I wake up and I can barely get myself from the bed to the sofa. Other days, I feel energetic and cheerful. How much I sleep or what I eat has little effect on how I'll feel the next day. Dang hormones!


No comments:

Post a Comment